doctors not wanting to give you a ultrasound

i took a pregnancy test and it came back positive so i took another one at the doctors and it came back negative so i told the doctor that i had took one at home and it was positive then the doctor says that he can not give me a ultrasound because my test came back negative but im like yall act like some women hcg levels dont always show up that just made me so made im like while can you explain why i have been feeling nauseous and constipated and on top of that why does it feel like something is moving around in my stomach i have to be like 19 weeks then the doctor asked me was i getting my period and i said yes the doctor said you cant have your period and be pregnant because of the hcg

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:34 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• maybe you arent if you dont have a cycle next month then i would worry about it. with my 1st son it didnt show on a home pg test but did show at the dr. it is a big waiting game. good luck
    Anonymous

• yeah they just dont do ultra sounds on anyone who walks in and thinks they migt be preg and if you are just now preg you wouldnt feel it moving inside you!
    Anonymous

• If you think you are about 19 weeks, you should have some kind of pouch and maybe feel the baby move. If you think you are take prenatal vitamins. You should also ask for a blood test.

Anonymous

• if you were 19 weeks your going to be getting a belly on you and its not likely you would get a neg at the dr office for pregnancy so something else is probably wrong. They wont just give you a ultrasound because you think they should.
    Anonymous

• actually some doctors tests are less accurate that the home ones! when i was pregnant a long time ago my doctor said they wouldnt test your urine until your period was 2 weeks late. you CAN have your period and be pregant though. is there anyway you can get a blood test?
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 3:41 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• find a new doctor ASAP. I had my period for 6 months when I was pregnant with my first. I never knew I was, no morning sickness, not showing, I didn't "pop" at all until I was 7 months preg.
    Anonymous

• Request a blood test. You don't need an ultrasound
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 4:03 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• aliciatron, i know the doc said if you're having your period you can't be prego.....BUT in my family my grandma got her period for 7 months when she was prego with my mom...and my mom had hers for 4 when she was prego with me.
    Go to a different doctor, and get a blood test.
    Anonymous

• Mine know that I'm pregnant and still wont do an u/s until 20 weeks. Its not needed. Just get a blood test done. My home tests were positive and the state health department were negative. Blood work done the same day was 251, which should be positive on any tests. Some people are apparently just stupid and can't read lines. Blood work wont lie though :)
    lasombrs

Answer by lasombrs at 5:14 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• get a new doctor that will listen to your concerns and will try bloodwork.
    IrishRocker

Answer by IrishRocker at 7:38 PM on Feb. 2, 2009