Am i being selfish

I am 38 weeks preg and my boyfriend has his 6 year old son next weekend . He only gets him every other weekend so he tries to do something fun with him. Well on the 8th he wants to take him to wisconsin dells water park which is two hours away from home. He wants me to come with. . I dont think its a good idea to go that far away so close to my due date cause ill be two days shy of 39 weeks and away from my family and my hospital. . But i cant exactly tell him were not going. Am i being selfish??? I would have him switch days and go a few weeks later but the sale prices on the tickets are only good on that day. Should i just suck it up and go with him???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:41 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i wouldnt go, can someone else drive him? i would not want to risk going into labor 2 hours away
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 3:42 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• i dont know if im the best to answer this because at 39wks with my son we took off and went to the coast which was a 4 hour drive home.
    its only a two hour drive so i guess if you started feeling some contractions you could just leave the water park and drive home just make sure your DH knows that it could happen and when you say its time to go its time to go. Besides the walking might actually be good for you. I dont know you have to decide for yourself no one else can make your choice.
    Anonymous

• I would ask your dr. if he/she thought it would be ok. 2 hours is not that huge of a drive and if you are not over dilated or effaced then I would go. If you think it might be too much stress on you for ANY reason I would go. I wouldn't let my SO go on a trip with his family when I was that close. Then again he would have had our only vehicle and I wouldn't be able to drive or get our other daughter were she needed to go. I would leave it up to instinct and your dr.
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 3:46 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• i'd rather stay home than be 2 hours away
    etiheidas

Answer by etiheidas at 3:48 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• A friend of mine was at a baseball game when her water broke, her husband carried her, while running through the stadium, luckily the hospital was only a couple of blocks away, and there wasn't much traffic.She got to the hospital in time to have her daughter there and was perfectly fine, So maybe when you go to the doc see if you are effaced or dilated at all then make the decision from there, but don't go if your not comfortable, you won't have any fun if your worrying about going into labor the whole time. Good luck! =)
    gettingfat89

Answer by gettingfat89 at 3:52 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I would go. It would be a good way to get the ball rolling and the chance of you having your baby in the 2 hours it would take you to get home is slim.. even if your water breaks you can make it to the hospital in time, because it is rarely a cause to rush to the hospital. Most women don't give birth until 36 hours after their water breaks.

If it makes you uncomfortable, let him go... He can make it home in time if needed.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 4:02 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Let him go with his son. My dh went to Chicago (2.5 hrs away) when I was 2 days over due with our first. He was gone all day. My mom lived like 15 min away and was avail on the chance that I needed her. I did have serious bh. So Mom and I just walked the malls. Dh was home that night and DS was born 3 days later. If this is your first you should be ok, they don't typically come that fast. GL
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 4:07 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• After thirty weeks, it is wrong to go more than 1 hour away from the hospital you plan to deliver at unless you want another doc to deliver your baby. Call and ask you doc and let him/her be the bad guy.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 4:15 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• No you are not being selfish he has got to understand something could make the baby come early. My children came 2 weeks early. Tell him he needs to put it off if he cares anything about you he will
    Jms71315

Answer by Jms71315 at 4:19 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Suggest that you are going to stay home and tidy up and make sure everything is perfect before the baby and that they should have one last weekend of male bonding. This way no one feels bad.
    mrssullivan

Answer by mrssullivan at 4:23 PM on Feb. 2, 2009