Any verbal abuse survivors??

Are there any married women whose husbands abused them verbally or physically and the husband got help and changed?

How often would you get verbally abused? Meaning yelling, screaming, theatened,etc.

Just wondering if there is any hope for my marraige.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:46 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• there is hope if he is actually willing to get the help and stick to it.
    i was in a relationship that was like that it didnt work and i left him he finally relized what his behavoir was doing since i had left him he had many many other girlfriends that would up and leave to because they got tired of being treated like garbage. He finally got help and is now happily married to a wounderful women so yes there is hope if he is truly willing to seek help. Dont give up on him just yet.
    Anonymous

• yes i was in a very abusive , and mentally abused for 25 years, i finally divorced him tried to still be his friend, got him a house repaired him back to his family , after 5 years of being divorced he came to try to kill me , then went home and killed himself , i say try to get him to go to counsiling , if phisical abuse is going on , i would say leave , i was lucky i survived many do not ,
    im not trying to scare you but it is a fact you cannot change them, they have to want to change , and saying sorry does not do it
    preciousyesiam

Answer by preciousyesiam at 3:54 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I was just about everyday for the first 8 years of my marriage, usually not physical but verbal. One day, I decided I was not getting any younger and I told him while I was in the driveway in the car that if it continued one more day I was gone. He knew I meant it. You have to mean it, you have to make a decision to put up or leave and if he wants to change you can stay but you have to be financially, emotionally and physically ready to leave. That is what it took for me. We have been married now for going on 12 years and we are happy. He is still quite often a jerk but not as bad. There is hope but only if he is willing to change. Good Luck and stay strong and KNOW that you deserve to be treated well!
    Anonymous

• My husband was verbally abusive and I divorced him almost 4 yrs ago. I was so hopeful and loved him and knew that he cared for me too. I often saw great remorse after he would loose it and go off about something. I am glad I'm out of there...it has taken a long time to heal and not feel like Im walking on egg shells. You deserve someone to treat you with kindness and respect. Your husband is the one who should have your back and cherish you more than anyone else in this world. I wish their was an easy answer, but only you will know if you should stay or go. I was glad that I tried everything before i left so their was no doubt in my mind that I gave it my all. When he cried and begged after I left I knew he would never change because I had given him every opportunity under the sun.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:24 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• OMG!!! Im going through this now. We are currently getting free help through churches and what not. Just try to get help if hes not willing then screw that. No man should ever treat a woman like this. NEVER!!! If they love you they will get help to stay with you. My husband and I have only been married 9 months and we already have this problem and getting help is the best thing that has happened to us so far...I wish you the best
    Anonymous

• No one's husband is the same. Sometimes therapy works, sometimes it doesn't. It wouldn't hurt. But my ex would have never gone to therapy. I never hit me, but he would push me, and he pulled a gun on me once. He was of course verbally and emotionally abusive. Honestly, I do not think that anyone can actually get over that stuff. I can't anyway, and I've been in a really good marriage for 13 years. I just don't know if you would be able to get over it, not staying in the marriage. I'm not saying that you shouldn't try. You should. And I hope you and your husband can repair the damage done. I wish you luck!!!
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 6:15 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Yes I survived!! It wasn't Easy.. Life was tough!! We have Daughters too!! It was A hard way.... He asked & begged & prayed for Help.. He took up playing the Guitar listening to SRV music.He found A Uplifting Blues singer alive. to keep him positive+ He did Well! We're married a long time! We still see that Blues singer too! He's Fantastic!! I stayed & we have Quite A Happy Marraige! I have no paying job. He's laid off work. Times are tough Etc.. But We're quite Good!! He went throught this Anger & all with his Dad who was Mean & Abusing too! We broke the Cycle! I'm quite proud! We grew together.. I was 16 when we met & he was 18!! Now we're 48 & 50!! There's Hope! I wish Everyone their Answers, Hope & best out come! I wish you all right in the world & in your Marriage.... Our Daughters are both married! One has 2 sons & A baby on the Way. The other is Newly Married with step teen Sons! Its pretty good! Hard times & all!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 8:00 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• i went threw this he has a anger issue,im hopin things stay good
    Lauren2008

Answer by Lauren2008 at 12:39 PM on Feb. 3, 2009