How can you clean your sqeaky bath toys effectivley?

My daughter has a slew of rubber ducks and fish for bath toys, my problem is that they suck up water when they are squeezed and I can never seem to get ALL of it back out and I am seeing black stuff inside and come out when I squish the ducks to death trying to getting remaining water inside out. I think it may be some sort of mold growing from the water inside, but I'm not comfortable with my daughter continuing to play with these toys knowing what is inside them. They are not old either. Help please!

B-rit_32506

Asked by B-rit_32506 at 3:48 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Health

• I soak them overnight in bleach water. Make sure you squeeze them so the water gets inside and make sure you rinse them well.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 3:50 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I do the same a pagirl71. I take a bucket and put really hot water and a bunch of bleach. Suck some of the water into the duckies and let them sit for a few hours. Then squeeze them out into the tub and then suck more water into them. Repeat this a few times and then do it with cold water to rinse them out.
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 3:55 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Not a bunch of bleach only about a capful.
    mrssullivan

Answer by mrssullivan at 4:17 PM on Feb. 2, 2009