No period after stopping the Depo shot?

I had one depo shot after my son was born and totally hated it. I bled for 2 1/2 months solid. As soon as it wore off I went on the ring. I took the ring out (the equivalent of taking the placebo pills if you're on the pill) on Thursday and today is Monday... still no period.

YES I have taken a pregnancy test, and it was negative. I don't feel pregnant at all. I'm not asking you to tell me if I'm pregnant, I hate those questions lol. But does anyone know if it's normal to miss a period after going off the shot? I feel silly bothering my doctor this early, I'm only 4 days late.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:51 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Health

• i didnt get my period for monnnnnnnnnnnnths!!!
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 4:06 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Yes, it's normal. I didn't get my period after going off the Depo for about 6 months. By the way, I never had any bleeding at all while on it.
    Anonymous

• Whew! You ladies are lifesavers! I wish my doctor would have warned me about that. I'll probably still obsessively pee on sticks for a while though lol.
    Anonymous

• lmao yea i peed on those forever ... my dr didnt tell me either , come to think of it he didnt even give me any info , it was up to me to google till my fingers hurt lol
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 4:21 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• It took me at least 3 months after I stopped to get my period.
    peppermintmocha

Answer by peppermintmocha at 5:41 PM on Feb. 2, 2009