I am 18 weeks pregnant and still feel no movement is that normal?

haycam12

Asked by haycam12 at 4:11 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Some babies aren't as active as others and honestly, the first movements you'll feel will sort of feel like butterflies in your tummy. I questioned whether I was actually feeling the baby for weeks...turns out I was. I don't think I felt real movement until 20 week or so, but I think anywhere between 16 and 22 weeks is average. Congrats!
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 4:15 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• With my first I didn't feel anything until 19 weeks.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 4:18 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• yes it normal i didnt feel anything until 20 weeks
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 4:24 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• its normal with your first its hard to really tell if your baby you feel or if you just have gas lol. with my first i didnt notice any movements till it was clear i got kicked hard lol.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 4:34 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• very normal, the first movements dont really feel much like anthing anyhow. They feel like gas bubbles or little butterflies like when you're nervous. It depends on the baby and your body.
    mamad86

Answer by mamad86 at 4:40 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• If you are not feeling anything by 24 weeks then you need to talk w/ your obgyn- most babies can be felt for the first time sometime between 18-24 weeks...some babies just take longer to be felt : )
    litstargazer

Answer by litstargazer at 5:01 PM on Feb. 2, 2009