Can I SUE FedEx?

My husbands mom got into a accident:
A FedEx truck hit her from behind, and ran her off the highway.
She went to the hospital, she's fine. She's not hurting or anything. She's in distraught though, and her car totaled.

Can she sue FedEx? Supposedly she's looking at a settlement for 20,000.
Explain everything you think or know.

Thanks everyone.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:10 PM on Jul. 16, 2012 in Money & Work

• fedex' vehicle insurance should cover her damages. She can try to sue for more but I doubt she would win.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:12 PM on Jul. 16, 2012

• Why would you want to sue Fedex for your MIL? Doesn't she have collision insurance? Can she prove it was Fedex? .Otherwise she is shit out of luck.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 5:13 PM on Jul. 16, 2012

• Not sure why my last comment disappeared. I don't know why she would sue if she's not hurt as long as the damages were paid for already?
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 5:14 PM on Jul. 16, 2012

• Consult an attorny.
    Here we are automatically allowed 3X the actual costs and that is not after the deductable. We generally have t go to court to get t however.
    I am assuming hat she got th driver's info.
    She can definitely sue him (his insurance) and possibly FedX though possibly not.
    Do not accept anything from his insurance company until she talks to a lawyer, consultations are often free when you just go to ask if it is worth sueing over. If you accept any payment the case is considered settled.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 5:15 PM on Jul. 16, 2012

• I'm not sure if it's like this everywhere but I know that the FedEx drivers who pick up our packages own their own vehicles so I'm not sure if FedEx (the company) can be held liable in this case.
    Ludvik_Smith

Answer by Ludvik_Smith at 5:17 PM on Jul. 16, 2012

• Anytime you get hit from behind, the person that hit you is at fault.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 5:18 PM on Jul. 16, 2012

• Why in the world would she sue? FedEx's insurance will take care of her car expenses and her medical expenses.

It is ridiculous how sue happy people are!
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 5:20 PM on Jul. 16, 2012

• what grounds do YOU have for suing??
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 5:20 PM on Jul. 16, 2012

• Ohh she's a greedy one isn't she.
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 5:22 PM on Jul. 16, 2012

• The grounds would be that he hit her just like any other accident. She should at least be reimbursed for allher costs including the replacement o her ehicle and a rental until another can be gotten and al medical.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 5:24 PM on Jul. 16, 2012