What is going on???!!!!Why did she react this way?!

My 8 month old son was playing in his walker and there is this heater sitting there and he touched it. He started crying but I think he hit his and against the heater and it hurt, like it would hurt if you accidentally stubbed your toe or hit your hand on something. I've done it. Well, he cried for only a few seconds and then he stopped. My SO's mother is there crying and freaking out. I'm asking her what happened and she speaks hardly any English so God know shat she's saying. I don't know what hurt him so bad for her to freak out. The heater was OFF, there are no super sharp edges. I looked at his hand and there were no cuts, scrapes, bruises, burns, nothing. His fingers were mobile and he was grabbing things within minutes so I know he didn't break anything. He only cried for two minutes tops and he was smiling after that. I'm a reacter and even other people have to tell me to chill and I didn't even react. Why the reaction

LaurenKaye29

Asked by LaurenKaye29 at 4:14 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Um...who knows? We weren't there. I wouldn't worry about it.
    Anonymous

• I've noticed at times she tends to be over emotional but dang that scared me.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 4:17 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Was she supposed to be watching him? Maybe she just felt bad because he got hurt.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 4:18 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• who knows maybe she felt like he really hurt himself hard telling lol.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 4:18 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I've seen worse. He actually did burn his hand on something when my so was watching him and was crying for at least 15 minutes even then she didn't react this way. They weren't major but still enough to leave small blisters.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 4:20 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Hispanic panic . . . lol. My MIL is like this also. She also always likes to remind me not to leave the baby outside by herself. Duh!
    AM78

Answer by AM78 at 4:32 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• My son barely cried, she was crying more than the baby. I almost started laughing because while she was holding him bawling, he was almost cracking up.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 4:33 PM on Feb. 2, 2009