Does anyone else have problems getting their baby to sleep?

i have a 10 month old and it seems like she never sleeps.she wakes up a few times during the night and rarely takes a nap during the day.if she does its only for 20-30mins. Does anyone have any advice for me? i used to have her on a schedule but everytime i do it never sticks.Any advice for me?????

netters4408

Asked by netters4408 at 4:32 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son is 10 mnths. I put him to bed at 830 and he wakes up at 10 just to cry for a min and I don't pick him up. Then he wakes up usually around 2 and 4 sometimes to eat and I think sometimes to be held. He then wakes up for good at 5 which kills me. He takes a nap in the car around 9 if I go anywhere and if not he naps at 12 for an hour and then again at 5 for 30 min.
    Now he used to only sleep for 15 to 20 min during naps but out of nowhere he slept longer. All babies are different. Good luck!
    yaffamommy

Answer by yaffamommy at 4:43 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• How do you put your baby down to sleep at night? Do you nurse or rock until he's all the way out, or just really drowsy? My son is 8 months old, and I noticed a positive change in his staying asleep longer when I really worked on not nursing him until he was out cold. Now I nurse him until he's close to asleep, then slip him a pacifier and put him in his crib. He usually goes to sleep on his own this way (sometimes he squawks when I first lay him down, but often that's only gas and a quick burp solves it) and often stays out for 8-10 hours before waking. My son was always a cat-napper in the daytime, too, although recently, he's taking longer naps (an hour on average). I think it's because he's starting to crawl and is wearing himself out more.
    Mamastheword

Answer by Mamastheword at 9:06 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• well i had her on a schedule where she would go to sleep by 8..and she would sleep most of the night.but now she doesnt go to sleep till almost 9 and wakes up constantly.she used to take 1-3 hour naps during the day but now im lucky if she sleeps a half hour.
    At bedtime i make her a bottle and hold her until she falls asleep i wait a few mins to make sure shes down and then i put her in her crib.She doesnt take a pacifer ,never has....she stays asleep for about 2 hours and then wakes up and usually just wants to be held then falls back asleep.
    i used to have her sleep with me because that was the only way that she would sleep.i havent done that in a while but i dont know why she is constantly waking up and going to bed later and not taking naps at all.thanks for the advice tho.
    netters4408

Answer by netters4408 at 8:28 PM on Feb. 3, 2009