Taking away the bottle

When did you start taking the bottle away. My son is 10 mnths and all he wants to do is turn it over and make a mess everywhere!!!! He does good with sippy cups and even likes to drink out of regular cups but he's not too thrilled about drinking his milk from it. Any advice and how did your's take to it?

yaffamommy

Asked by yaffamommy at 4:39 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• they say a year old my son loved drinking everything but milk out of a bottle too but at a year we went cold turkey and he has done good.
    Wyattsmom205

Answer by Wyattsmom205 at 4:40 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Sounds like he is doing a great job of telling you he's ready to ditch the bottle!

Go sippy cup!
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 4:41 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Well. You definately have to replace the bottle with something else. As far as milk goes.. have you tried a little dab of chocolate or strawberry syrup. THat is how I got my daughter to take milk from her sippy, and now she will drink it either way...
    Arielsmommy507

Answer by Arielsmommy507 at 5:21 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• With my son I waited until 13 months and then took him off and he never wanted it again and with my daughter she took herself off of it at 10 months.
    mommy20507

Answer by mommy20507 at 6:52 PM on Feb. 2, 2009