Do you have a hard time getting a routine down?

I do..LOL.. i don't know why, i think then i write my ideas down then i second guess them and think its stupid.
i have problem with rules for my childern.
i have problem with a house routine.
i have problems getting my kids on a routine.
do you mommies have a hard time doing routines too or is it just me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:43 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in General Parenting

• No I dont anymore but I have 5 kids so a routine is something I have to have or nothing would get done. You probably do have some routine and arent thinking you do. For instance I am sure theres a time the kids and you wake up, have breakfast etc? Thats a routine. Just add to it.

Answer by gemgem at 4:49 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I grew up with no routine cause my family work all the time so really us kids did what we want and we also knew from right and wrong but i have a hard time to since i really didn't get much of a routine too.
    I have went for idea on that super nanny or the nanny 911 but i still haven't found one but if you do i will check back and see if you have any good answers
    Anonymous

• I don't have a problem with it at all. Having routines is what life easier. Our kids (the ones that live at home ~ 17, 2 & 3) know what to expect everyday. Having a daily routine gives children a great sense of security. And having consistent rules is a must. Your home will have much less strife and chaos if you are organized and everything is kept up on. You will have more free time and you won't be as stressed as when you're just "flying by the seat of your pants". If you want any help, feel free to PM me.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 4:57 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I dont really have a routine and am quite flexible. I am not too bothered by this either.

The most routine I have is getting my toddler to all his social classes each week and going for a daily walk.

He tends to want to go to bed at the same time and gets up at the same time too. He eats when he wants to eat (but is predominantly breastfed) and I think its important that he eats when he wants to so he can listen to his body and know when he is hungry.

Does it make my life more difficult? No...I think having more routine than this would be a hassle...
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 5:19 PM on Feb. 2, 2009