Pennsylvania???

Who has lived there? What is it like? My husband got a great job offer, it would be near cumberland valley chambersberg to be specific Just curious what kind of place it is to raise kids??? I currently live in Oregon. Thanks for any advice!

anfisasmommy

Asked by anfisasmommy at 10:28 PM on Jul. 16, 2012 in Travel

• I live in Pittsburgh , I like it pa is one of my favorite states.
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 10:29 PM on Jul. 16, 2012

• It's a nice state. Nice people
    BrawnwynII

Answer by BrawnwynII at 10:34 PM on Jul. 16, 2012

• We live about an hour west of Pittsburgh in Ohio. My husband works in Pittsburgh and he REFUSES to move to PA saying that the taxes are ridiculously high there. And the driver's are HORRIBLE there (at least around Pittsburgh). Not only do they drive like maniacs, but they are the most inconsiderate drivers I have ever dealt with.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 11:20 PM on Jul. 16, 2012

• Chambersburg is a nice area. You can drive an hour in any direction and hit Capital City, Amish country, Mountains, or Historic Gettysburg.
    And don't worry about the drivers- it's the Jersey ones you have to watch for!!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:40 AM on Jul. 17, 2012

• Thank you, I am weighing my options whether to take the job. I have never even been nack east so I am trying to get as much info as possiable!
    anfisasmommy

Comment by anfisasmommy (original poster) at 12:52 AM on Jul. 17, 2012

• I grew up in Pittsburgh, drivers are NOTHING compared to those here in So Cal lol. But that area is nice, it's pretty out in the country. I never lived in that part specifically so I don't know about schools, etc. but it's very beautiful. Not sure what kind of area you live in in Oregan but it's probably a mucb different lifestyle.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 2:32 AM on Jul. 17, 2012

• I love the driver thing. If you live in Pittsburgh, they think Ohio drivers suck. If you live in eastern PA, it's the Jersey/ NY drivers that suck.

But, I have lived in PA all my life. I have traveled to and seen most of the country. I love PA and have no intention of moving anywhere else. Taxes are not as high here as they are elsewhere. And there are many good schools.

I live about an hour and a half away from Chambersburg, so I don't have any personal experience about the schools, but it is not known to be a bad area.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:51 AM on Jul. 17, 2012

• Like Maec I also lived in San Diego lmao, pa driver s can't even hold a candle to so cal drivers lmao.
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 9:12 AM on Jul. 17, 2012

• Thank you, and if anyone knows even better cities to live in in Pa let me know I want to be as safe as possiable since I have no family there!
    anfisasmommy

Comment by anfisasmommy (original poster) at 1:38 PM on Jul. 17, 2012