Hitler and Obama?

Okay, I do not get the comparison. I see many people compare Obama to Hitler and my question is, how so? I just don't get that at all.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:59 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think the Hitler comparison comes in with the charisma. Hitler had it, like it or not, that's how he managed to convince 3 entire nations full of people to commit mass genocide. Marx has some of the same philosophies, but he was so batshit crazy he never convinced anyone to try them - every attempt has deviated from his plan.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:18 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Possibly the socialism issue??

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 5:01 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I think some people compare Hitlers rein of tyranny over Europe to what they believe Obama may be capable. Many do not believe he is not muslim. He touted it on the stump to D.C. but has clearly not stuck by that in action in the scant 2 weeks in office.
    Anonymous

• They both were/are great speakers.....hahaha
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 5:05 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• you guys are disgusting, completely disgusting. I can't believe there are people like you willing to draw a comparision.

Yuck
    Anonymous

• lol yea hiltler used what he said to gain power just like Obama, then tried to take everything over and was evil... i don't think Obama is capable of doing something like that but i still dont trust him
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 5:07 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Obama didn't make shit up and lie to people-he's doing what he promised-quit boohooing
    Anonymous

• wow, this question speaks volumes of your character.
    Anonymous

• "you guys are disgusting, completely disgusting. I can't believe there are people like you willing to draw a comparision."

I wouldn't have either, if it wasn't for the Democrat's main 529 supporter running ads that morphed Bush into Hitler 4 years ago.

But anyway, the comparison is that both rose up at a time of severe financial crisis and promised to fix everything. Both made very passionate speeches about the community taking care of each other and ridding the system of corruption. When Hitler said that, he meant Jews, Catholics, Roma, Gays and anyone with a degree. We still don't know for sure who Obama means, since he never actually puts details in writing until after he signs things.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:12 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• he is not like hitler the hater racist people are the only one doing such a hateful comparison
    Anonymous