Teeth is getting off white - what can I use

My daughter is 2 and her teeth are turning slightly yellowish. She usually want to clean her teeth on her own but she does let me clean it for her few times a week. I currently use the Gerber grins and giggles, but she doesn't let me apply it on her teeth, she just eats it off before I have a chance! Any suggestions?

SweKrish

Asked by SweKrish at 5:02 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Children arent suppossed to brush their teeth on their own until they can tie their shoes without assistance.

You can go and get them cleaned and they should go back to white.
    But i will definitely sing a song with her while you are brushing her teeth, like oh im brushing my teeth on the top, its so much fun i hate to stop, while im brushing my teeth and having so much fun i never let the water run no i never let the water run ( you can even do a silly dance) then go to the next verse, oh im brushing my teeth on the bottom, because i wouldnt want to say that i forgot them, and while im brushing my teeth and having so much fun....etc, oh im brushing my teeth all around, because i like to hear the swishing sound, and while im brushing my teeth..
    camtri3

Answer by camtri3 at 6:04 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I would go back to brushing her teeth for her and get those teeth good.
    coala

Answer by coala at 5:04 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I would also limit any foods or drinks that would stain the teeth.
    coala

• I agree, keep an eye out for foods that can stain teeth - coffee is common for adults though I have no idea what a kid would be eating that would cause stains.
    And give her a choice - she can brush her teeth before you or after you. But you are to brush her teeth too. You clean them, she can practice learning how. Most kids do a rotten job until nearly 4. And they need spot checks to make sure they are still doing OK until 8 to 10.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 5:09 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• don't uise any whitening proiducts on a toddle. you will simply need to enforce proper tooth brushing, whether she likes it or not. you are the mama, not her ;-)
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 5:12 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• My son is also 2 and his teeth are pretty white for all different things my child eats. We brush our teeth together every morning. I would start brushing her teeth at least once a day.
    TSSN88

Answer by TSSN88 at 5:30 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Has she been on antibiotics recently? Antibiotics can cause teeth to yellow. It will go away on its own.
    Anonymous

• Thanks everyone... Yes she has been on antibiotics for almost month and a half now ( 3rd course going on ) as she had pneumonia and then two ear infections. I didn't know about antibiotics. Thanks camtri3 for the teeth song... I will try it on her.
    SweKrish

Answer by SweKrish at 10:54 AM on Feb. 4, 2009