can my baby hear my voice and know what im talking about?

every night, when my 24 week fetus (baby) starts moving when im about to fall asleep, i talk to the baby and tell him/her its time to go to sleep and i would just feel a little kick or two and then i guess baby does listen to what i said? or what do you guys think it is?

maryfer

Asked by maryfer at 5:18 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• my fiance used to sing to my belly when it was time to go to sleep and she would just relax. I think maybe they might be able to hear voices but they dont understand
    HollyRose

Answer by HollyRose at 5:21 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• They can't understand what you say, launguage is learned, not instinctual. But your voice might soothe the baby and that might be why the baby calms down.
    WadeMom313

Answer by WadeMom313 at 5:23 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• When my hubby says goodnight to my belly, she will actually start kicking in response to his voice. I think she make like the base in his voice.
    redmoonintexas

Answer by redmoonintexas at 5:35 PM on Feb. 2, 2009