Weight loss for pregnancy

my doctor suggested i try to lose a few pounds. We have not been able to get pregnant. I am about 20 lbs overweight according to the BMI charts. Do you think this will help? I know it would'nt hurt but i don't get it.. i always see morbidly obese people with children, how are they able to have children?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Jul. 17, 2012 in Trying to Conceive

• I've seen it happen. Why not try it? start eating healthier and exercising. Its all worth it. Not only will help you have a chance at getting pregnant you will feel much better
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 10:58 AM on Jul. 17, 2012

• Being overweight doesn't prevent one from being pregnant, that's how morbidly obese people have children. It can help to lose the weight, but being overweight or morbidly obese doesn't mean you're infertile.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Jul. 17, 2012

• i don't see how it would hinder, at only 20lbs over. have you see a fertility expert, both of you?
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:59 AM on Jul. 17, 2012

• According to the BMI charts I am "Obese" and I got pregnant 3 times. It honestly has nothing to do with it. But it might be better for you if your family has a history of diabetes or high blood pressure or whatever. Just figure out when you are ovulating with predictor kits and relax! Don't make it a chore :D That's how I got pregnant this time .. Good luck
    Michele068

Answer by Michele068 at 11:02 AM on Jul. 17, 2012