Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Hey Ladies, I need help with something

I am 11 weeks pregnant and on Saturday when I went to my friends family house for a birthday thing I was hit on the left side of my head with a football. Now, I have been having a headache ever since. I take tylenol and it goes away for maybe 20 minutes, then it comes back. What would you ladies do if you were me? I was thinking of going to the ER in a little bit.

Answer Question

Asked by Michele068 at 10:58 AM on Jul. 17, 2012 in Health

Level 16 (2,605 Credits)
Answers (10)
  • I would contact your doctor and see what he recommends. That doesnt sound right.

    Answer by LostSoul88 at 10:59 AM on Jul. 17, 2012

  • i'd go.

    Answer by dullscissors at 10:59 AM on Jul. 17, 2012

  • Thanks ladies, that is what I was thinking. I don't have a primary right now so ER is the only place I can really go

    Comment by Michele068 (original poster) at 11:00 AM on Jul. 17, 2012

  • I'd would get an appointment with my primary care physician.

    Answer by meooma at 11:03 AM on Jul. 17, 2012

  • Don't go to the ER. Go to an immediate care center. It'll save you a lot of money. This isn't an emergency and you'll keep getting pushed down the list for people who are bleeding or otherwise "broken".

    Answer by feralxat at 11:04 AM on Jul. 17, 2012

  • Oh this hospital is never busy and since I'm pregnant they cater to pregnant people with any kind of pains. and like i said i don't have a primary doctor yet...

    Comment by Michele068 (original poster) at 11:05 AM on Jul. 17, 2012

  • all the er's i've been too, if they find out your pregnant, they put you up on the "baby ward". the dr's on that floor knows what you can and can't have.

    Answer by noel1978 at 11:11 AM on Jul. 17, 2012

  • i would actually go to the chiropractor first - pretty good chance it knocked your neck out of whack. a doctor will not put it back in place, and will just want to ply you with pain meds and do other things that will cost more money. the other thing about the chiro, a good one will tell you if you also need a regular doctor's attention besides, or instead of, chiropractic adjustment.

    Answer by annanonnymommy at 11:33 AM on Jul. 17, 2012

  • (your question highlights the need for the changes coming in the health insurance world, doesn't it?)

    better safe than sorry. even if you can't afford a visit anywhere. also... if you can, you'd be better off paying cash at a local doctor office - call around for prices - than an urgent care. it's cheaper and you can follow up with the same doctor.

    also, many ERs near me have added an urgent care level triage and separate area for non-emergencies, which helps everyone get where they need to go more quickly and at a more appropriate cost. check which hospitals near you may have that

    Answer by figaro8895 at 12:53 PM on Jul. 17, 2012

  • Alright ladies, sorry it took so long for me to get back to you lovelies. I went to the E.R and found out a few interesting things.
    #1. I have/had a concussion. Yay me. Not. MRI came back perfect no damages anywhere in my head so we are set on that. Vicodin was the answer for the headaches which I stopped taking after two days.
    #2. I have a small cyst in my right liver. They are not concerned about it which is awesome.
    #3. I have marginal placenta previa. Which I hope it corrects itself by the time I deliver.

    So ladies, thank you again for your answers and help :) I really appreciate it!

    Comment by Michele068 (original poster) at 4:37 PM on Jul. 22, 2012

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.