what should a 22 yr old woman with a 1.5 year old be wearing?

i am 22 and i have no idea what i should be wearing. should i still go to shops like american eagle, or sick with old navy like things? should i stay away from fashion trends because i am a mom. the reason i care so much is i live in a fishbowl on a military base and people talk and its required to dress appropriately. all i know is i like jeans and i like t shirts and i try to look like i have a sense of fashion, i need some advice. tia

chance010507

Asked by chance010507 at 5:34 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• i live on base too! i wear what im comfy in-which is jeans and t shirts. you can still have a fashion sense-you are a mom not dead! lol.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 5:35 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• well i am 20 with a almost 2 yr. old and i live on a military base... girl i wear whatever i want to... i do the t-shirt and jeans thing (got em on right now) but i still do my little fashion thing...

right...ur a mom not dead :)
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 5:37 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• You can dress however you want. Just because you are a mom now doesn't mean you stop being a woman. I would suggest you dress a little more conservatively when you are with your child.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 5:39 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Just because you're a mom does not mean you should dress any differently than you always have. I suggest you dress in whatever makes you comfortable. Although as you child ages you will need to keep in mind that you are setting an example. Be a hot mom for now and enjoy it. Don't let anyone tell you any different because it goes away very quickly.
    mom_wrhsc

Answer by mom_wrhsc at 5:40 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• American Eagle and Old Navy have "mature" clothing, but it's about pairing things together. Like wearing dark wash slightly distressed jeans with a fitted t-shirt (no screen tees ... those definitely scream high school/college kid, not mommy), maybe an embellished tee, and a casual cotton blazer in a coordinating color. There's endless possibilities with shoes, especially since ballet flats are in style.

Comfort does not have to be t-shirt and jeans! I am not military, but I live in a large military area and I see too many mommies fall into the t-shirt and jean rut.
    redmoonintexas

Answer by redmoonintexas at 5:40 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• as long as you arent wearing anything too in your face while you're out with your children i dont care
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 5:48 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Dress like you feel comfortable, and on special ocassions dress accordinly, you don't want to look too teenagerish or too grandmaish. tshirts and jeans or shorts are fine. Same applies to the baby.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 5:50 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I am almost 24 and have two kids. I dress comfortable and have the occasional tee shirt and jeans. I also like dressy type shirts but I dont want them to be too low cut because my daughters are always pulling on my clothes. I shop at places like Kohls and find cute things in both the petite and junior sections. I also shop at this store called Deb. I am not sure if those are in every mall but they have a wide range of styles. Its all juniors sizes but they are not all really high school looking.
    YoungMomtoGirls

Answer by YoungMomtoGirls at 5:58 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Wear what you want. Hopefully it is classy. But be happy and comfy.
    Anonymous

• You're young and you shouldn't worry what people think....wear what looks good for your body type. If you were an old fart wearing low-riders with your muffing top popping out...yeah, that would be kinda gross!
    Anonymous