Pregnant coffee?

I am about 5 weeks pregnant. When I found out I was pregnant a week ago I stopped drinking my morning coffee. I had a cup this morning, well it's actually an espresso I make from home. Now I don't feel that good. My stomach hurts a little and I feel noshes.

I know its ok to have up to 20omg but I just had a miscarriage a few months ago. Im not sure why, it probably had nothing to do with drinking coffee but I was going to stop just to be safe.

Do you think im safe for having this one cup of coffee or should i be concerned

milf661

Asked by milf661 at 11:34 AM on Jul. 17, 2012 in Pregnancy

• One cup a day is fine. Early miscarriages are usually caused by a genetic flaw & are more common than you think, not from coffee. GL!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:45 AM on Jul. 17, 2012

• One cup a day won't hurt, but think about switching to the 1/2 caffeine.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 12:10 PM on Jul. 17, 2012

• if you're a coffee junkie long term it's safer to NOT stop. your body would go into stressy and painful caffeine withdrawals. who needs that?

PS sorry for your earlier loss :(
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 12:35 PM on Jul. 17, 2012

• my bro's wife had three miscarrages and one that survived and she drank coffee with all of them. i think you should ask your dr. it might be something to do with your body rather than the coffee. (i drank cappachinos with all three of my girls.)
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 11:39 AM on Jul. 17, 2012

• Thank you, that makes me feel much better.
    milf661

Comment by milf661 (original poster) at 11:49 AM on Jul. 17, 2012

• Yes I would say so but it is obviousy not something you should continue. Your body istelling you that in no uncertain terms.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:48 PM on Jul. 17, 2012

• X out expresso and do plain ol decaf coffee
    mommys2cupcakes

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 1:29 PM on Jul. 17, 2012

• I guess there is a link in caffeine consumption and miscarriages. I don't know, personally. I drank soda like a fish throughout 4 of my pregnancies....I've cut most soda out completely before I got pregnant with this one.

I agree that if you are normally a coffee junkie, completely cutting it out would be a no no. Just slowly ease your way off it, or go 1/2 caf like someone else suggested. But it sounds like your body is already telling you it doesn't want it.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 3:58 PM on Jul. 17, 2012