• In the Spotlight:

paris, february, toddler!!!

we are going to paris for five days, its supposed to be freezing, i dont know what thats like for a toddler. its january and 60 outside where we are. how many layers, what do you do with the stroller? how do you prep for the cold? also where are some kid friendly restaurants? is the louvre tough on kids in strollers with boredom and all of that, what should i expect for those who have been in similar situations, any advice will help thanks! i think i am in anxious mode its less than a week away

chance010507

Asked by chance010507 at 5:57 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Travel

• wow i have never been to paris but really really want to go. although i would never pick the winter time cause i'm a big chicken of the cold. thats why i live in arizona. anyway make sure that you can carry one your daughters favorite toys to keep her occupied on the plane. i went to ireland so not much different but there was no snow. make sure that you pack a little bit of each others clothes in your suitcases so if they get lost you have each others clothes in their bag. mines was lost for 2 days. i had no diapers and no baby clothes or my clothes but daddy's bag ok. taking a stroller kinda sucked but you'll need it. i made sure i packed just about everything i could in 2 bags. gloves, scarf, ear muffs, socks, some what water proof shoes, jacket, hat and leggings. i went when my daughter was 1 yr so boredom wasn't an issue.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 11:47 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• you'll never make the Louvre in one trip it's hugh. A stroller is a must. PAris is set out that a bunch of the really touristy things are within fairly close walking distances. But they're mass transit is awesome. My kids don't eat french foods.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 8:50 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I would try and find a baby sitter and leave the child at home. they won't remember it anyway
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 11:09 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Yes - Paris! Fabulous!! Take the stroller - gate check it. Did you buy a "CARES" toddler harness for the plane? they are great too and FAA approved. I love it! I'm from Scotland and we're going for another visit with my 2-yr old in April - jsut dress yours in layer and he/she will be fine!
    lakecat

Answer by lakecat at 11:40 AM on Feb. 3, 2009