Do you buy baby snacks for your baby or do you buy the adult version?

I went to the store and was going to buy my one year old the little Gerber Cookies and I looked at the price and almost flipped out. I went down the cookie aisle and you can get a HUGE box of the Great Value vanilla cookies for about a buck. I use to always buy the Gerber Graduates but now I just buy the adult stuff for her. Which do you buy?

Kenzies_momma

Asked by Kenzies_momma at 6:01 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i bought both the vanilla cookies are pretty much the same i think
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 6:11 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• i buy the adult kind. Baby food is way to expensive and its the same difference
    ClvDandJ

Answer by ClvDandJ at 6:28 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• It depends on what it is. There was a lot of stuff that i bought the adult version, but some things I bought the kid version. The fruit snacks are softer and easier to eat. The crunchy cheeto looking chip things I bought the baby version too. They have less salt and fat. The nilla wafers and graham crackers I bought the grown up version.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 6:32 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• i buy the adult version
    bxbsmommy

Answer by bxbsmommy at 6:40 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I buy the adult ones mostly - except for Amy's Cheddar Bunnies - well I guess they could be for both of us!
    lakecat

Answer by lakecat at 6:42 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I tend to buy the adult versions of things: she eats adult crackers, and adult fruit snacks etc. I compare price and sugar content, and ingrediants. We buy stuff that tends to be healthier adult stuff.

We still buy some earth's best stuff, like their fruit bars, etc, but those are so good for her and she likes them a lot.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 6:58 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I buy the adult version of everything. The only baby food of any sort that I keep in the house is baby food apples and bananas, for if we get the stomache flu (BRAT diet). That being said, I never bought DD baby food if I could help it. She always eats what I eat, just cut up smaller.
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 7:44 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Generally, the adult versions. The only exception is the Gerber fruit strips. I can't find decent fruit leather/strip snacks in the regular section - just those junky "fruit by the foot" brands which are mostly sugar.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 8:23 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I usually buy the adult versions except for fruit. sometimes I buy the baby food fruit for convience
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 9:28 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• For my three older ones I only gave them what we had.  We didn't have that much money and they went through them too much, baby kind seems very overpriced for the small amount.  Now for my last child I had a little more money for such treats and was able to buy baby snacks, which I did to differentiate to the older children the difference between their snacks and his... this kept him from being fed something by older siblings he wasn't ready for.

Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 9:47 PM on Feb. 2, 2009