Can you lose you gift

of speaking in tongues? I was given the gift a few years ago but haven't used it so I don't know if I still have it. What do I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:13 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• your gift will always be there but you have to use it to full fill its purpose. You have to understand your gift. The only real way that you can lose a spiritual gift is when you are in the flesh, but once you get back into the spirit and to god's grace, you will get it back.
    Arielsmommy507

Answer by Arielsmommy507 at 7:18 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• If you don't use it you lose it. That's what I was always told, but you can also get them back. it just takes a little effort.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:01 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Give it a try.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 8:31 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• what? If a person is given a Gift from God do you honestly think he will take it away? Most of you have children right? Well if you gave your child a priceless gift and they use it once than haven't used it for a while would you take there gift away from them? Why what God do that ? Give us a gift than take it away? He wouldn't I just believe that we need to be in prayer and mediate on the word of God in order to discern your gift...
    jenandrews

Answer by jenandrews at 8:47 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• obviously, anon859 is not in the spirit..no one here can interpret her babbling!!
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 9:25 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• You can never loose a gift given to you from God. I believe the reason you may think you don't have any more is because you have not been fully connected in the prescence of God for you to use it. It doesn't really have to happen in a church or a house of worship, if you take time at home to plunge deep into prayer or your own personal worship by listening to a christian cd and let the grace of God flood in, you will find that it is still there and always has been. And never be afraid to talk to God about, he will answer, in his own way. God Bless!
    B-rit_32506

Answer by B-rit_32506 at 9:26 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Thanks for trying- that says a lot!!!
    Anonymous

• Once GOd has given you your gift, he does not take it away. Romans 11:29 "For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance" Meaning, he does not take them back. I honestly believe once you get into your quiet time with God and began to worship him, you will hear yourself once again speak in tongues. WHen you do please give me a pm. Thanks
    mommiejay453

Answer by mommiejay453 at 11:00 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• The gifts and callings of God are irrevocable but you can step out of His will and use them improperly or not at all. He cannot take the gifts away but the Holy Spirit can be lifted off you. Consider what David said in Ps 51 Create in me a clean heart oh God renew a right spirit within me, Do not take your Holy Spirit from me. This suggests that the Holy Spirit can be lifted off someone until they are restored in spirit.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:02 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• We have removed at least one answer from this question. Moms are looking for responses from other members that address the question they have asked. Please don't post judgmental or rude answers. They're not appreciated and will be removed by the CafeMom Team.

> The CafeMom Admin Team
    CafeMom Admin

Answer by CafeMom Admin at 12:22 AM on Feb. 3, 2009