how did YOU know you were in labor??

so how did you know you were in labor? what was YOUR exprience?? just curious i am so bored and not working rihgt now just waiting for the baby.. give me something to read!! :) tell me your stories

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:16 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had contractions that didn't quit. I was in the bathroom-going and throwing up. Yeah fun!! lol I finally woke my husband up when they were back to back contractions & we left for the hospital. Got there at 8cm, had our son within 1 hour: drug free, natural delivery.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 6:18 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• i felt my daughter pushing on something all day i was not in any pain and i went to the hospital at like 7 amd i was 5cm i hade her at 11:15 pm she was my second now with my son i was induced
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 6:20 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• One night I started having contractions every 15 minutes - which led to every 10 minutes, which led to every 5 minutes - so I rang the hospital, and they told me to come in - when I got there they told me I was 5cm dialated (half-way there) and I went straight into labour and delivery.

I arrived at the hospital at 12am - the midwife broke my waters (they were just not breaking by themselves) - at about 4am - my daughter was born at 8:10am.

I went through the whole labour and delivery naturally, it hurt like a bitch (to put it mildly) but it was worth it.

My daughter was born at 8lbs 2oz - and is now 16 months old!
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 6:24 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I only went into labor on my own with my first two. The first one I didnt have any signs or symptoms in fact I remember telling my ex I didnt think anything was going to happen that night. I got up around 3-4am and had to pee and noticed a pain. So I timed them. They didnt go away, 5 min apart and I woke my ex and we went to the hosp. I was 5 cm dilated.
    #2 we had a bbq the night before with friends and went swimming. It was my due date so I figured nothing was going to happen. I got up and swore I ate something bad. My stomach hurt like a stomach bug (much diff then with #1) and I finally figured out I was in labor after being up 4 hours LOL and went to the hosp around 7am.

Answer by gemgem at 6:26 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• i just didnt feel right, like i felt kind of clammy and really non focused.
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 6:26 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I had no contractions other than a few braxtons now and then. One morning on a Friday I woke up and my plug came out. Heavy contractions started that night through the weekend with uneven timing. I went in the hospital Monday afternoon at 5cm and at 10pm I was 10 cm, I pushed til aftermidnight and he didn't move at all. My son was born by csec at 1AM Tuesday night. Well worth it I could not believe I had a baby. Over twenty years later and two more kids later I am still amazed about kids and the joys and hardships they make worth going through. Congratulations and Much Happiness!!
    Anonymous

• I started to feel a little sick and clamy and then my water broke. It was 10pm on Monday night. After being in labor for a few hours they determined that my son would not be able to be delivered natrually and I had a csec at 9:15 the next morning. Good Luck!!
    mazonmom

Answer by mazonmom at 7:35 PM on Feb. 2, 2009