What are the pre-school requirement?

What do they have to know how to do/say to be accepted into pre-school? Is there any sites anyone knows of to help me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:19 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• It depends on if they're state schools or private. Some state scohols, you need to provide proof of residency, need, probably vaccinations.

We have ours in one at our church, very low-key but they needed to be potty-trained (and we really just barely qualify there!) and also needed their medical/vaccination records.

No need for us to know letters, numbers, colors, shapes, or much of anything else- but it's nice and they will learn it anyway and have a ton of fun!
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 8:13 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• my daughter is in pre school but shes in special ed pre school because she is behind on her talking i know there isnt any requirements in that one
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 6:22 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Most preschools require that your child is potty trained. Other than that, there aren't really and requirements for preschool.
    3gifts.from.god

Answer by 3gifts.from.god at 7:04 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Well if they are state funded then you DO NOT NEED vaccinations, but instead a medical or relgious exemption (some states also accept philosophical). Most also require potty training, but not much else. Personally I am waiting until my son turns 4 this year simply because I didn't feel he was ready to be seperated from us for that long during the day.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:35 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Depends on the school. At the school my daughter is going to (which is through our park district) they just have to be 3 (or 4 depending on the class) by September (or something) and be potty trained.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:27 PM on Feb. 2, 2009