I really need some insight when it comes to my taxes, I am really confused so any help will be appreciated

I recieved a 1099G because I have been on umemployment over the last year I never got my other W2 because appearently they did send them off because the busoness closed, I made almost $11,000 but what am I supposed to do will I owe? I can't afford to pay anything because well I don't have any money, are there any tax credits I can maybe get to help me out? Also I did have a baby in August but we decided that I will let my SO claim him so he can get the child tax credit, but he owes the IRS money too but that should be all paid off when he files, so what the best option for us?

hautemama83

Asked by hautemama83 at 6:19 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Money & Work

Level 2 (-14 Credits)
  • You are going to have to wait until Feb 15th and then you can call the irs and get the forms or go to a tax person and they wil be able to make a w2 based on your information for you. I assume you know how much an hour you made and roughly how many a week you worked. Basically they will take that and guess how much you should have paid in taxes etc. But you are going to have to wait until Feb 15th to do this & likely see a tax person to help you. Otherwise you file now and will have to do an amendment to your return after feb 15th.

Answer by gemgem at 6:23 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• You could also look for a cheap tax professional on ReferQuest.com...it a new online community where basically folks can make requests for things they need and offer a eferall reward if someone can find it for you...searching for job candidates, jobs, new clients, a nanny, someone to buy their property, someone selling yarn, anything really.

If you are someone who knows how to find these things you could even make some extra money.
    JulesRQ

Answer by JulesRQ at 6:36 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Hey jules thanks. Not my question but I do alot of random things so maybe I can make some money haha.

Answer by gemgem at 6:49 PM on Feb. 2, 2009