real contractions but no pain???

iv been having really bad contractions all day
i though they were braxton hicks
but they are every 10 min and they last about 45 sec
they did not stop when i moved positions
and walking made them closer together
i also have a half gallon water bottle iv filled up like 2 times today
cuz i know that with braxton hicks drink lots of water help
i called my doc and he said to wait a little longer to see if i start to get pain
i was just wondering if anyone has ever had labor contractions but no pain with them????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:30 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If it's true labor then they will get more painful. Hopefully your pain will continue to hold off if you are in labor :)
    Anonymous

• i did with my second i had no pain it just felt like she was pushing on something i suggest you go to the hospital cause when i got there i was 5 cm gl and congrats
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 6:32 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• yeah i had contractions that frequent for about a week befor i went into labor, but usually they slowed down after a while. its kind of freaky to think about but the dr usually wants you to wait till they're like 5minuits or less together and last for a minuit. good luck if this is it! =)
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 6:32 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Just follow your doctor's orders! I wouldn't rush off to the hospital
    Anonymous

• i went to the L and D with my son because i had high blood pressure and was bleeding so the dr wanted to check me. They hooked me up to monitors and what do you know i was contracting every 2 mins. I was shocked i didnt even know it i wasnt in any pain what so ever. They checked me and i was 4cm.
    they broke my water and well my pain free labor went out the door lol. So yes its possible to be having them with out pain but that wont last forever i can promise you that.
    Anonymous

• Contractions don't always hurt at the beginning.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 6:48 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• When I went into labor with my first; my contractions were 2 mins apart and I had not pain, all I felt was I had to pee every 2 mins...when I finally figured out I could be in labor we went to the hospital still no pain that was at 6:30 am by 8:55 am that morning we had a baby girl....
    Yes the pain did start once I was in my room, and with my 3rd they wanted to send me home becasue my contractions were not strong enough or painful enough for them, I told them I am not going home, 3 hours later baby boy was here.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 7:20 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Honestly, I felt like I had to go to the bathroom every few minutes and finally was suspicious when they were 3 minutes apart. I was 7cm whe I got to the hospital.... YIKES!
    kryssie78

Answer by kryssie78 at 8:55 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• well i did not have pain with my contractions it just felt like i had to go number 2 andd when my mother inlaw told me i had to the hospital i went and i was nine cm and started pushing less then 10mins after i was in the hospital i had no idea i was in labor. everyone always told me that i would know when it was time cause it would be painful but i gusse they were wrong..i had a beatiful 9pound baby boy..
    tnt_lady19

Answer by tnt_lady19 at 1:54 AM on Nov. 19, 2009