Went to my 32 week appointment today, and I have been on bed rest since 25 weeks due to dialating and pre labor. My doctor doesnt want to see me again till 36 weeks. What is up, you would think she would want to see me more often?

Zoeybug

Asked by Zoeybug at 6:56 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Well, really mama, there is nothing that a Dr or any medications can do to stop labour. Labour can be prolonged by a few days, but nothing will stop it. I'm assuming that since you've been having BH and dialation that they already have you on meds to slow the BH? I was in the same position as you . . . I was having BH since 30 weeks, and was put on meds to stop, but did not have to see the Dr anymore than usual.

I will be thinking of you and your LO . . . here's hoping you make it at least another 5 weeks!!
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 7:41 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• A month then. She must be satisfied with how you are doing. Perhaps, since you are wondering. you should give her a call and ask, especially since you are on bed rest.

Answer by Bmat at 6:59 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• im sure that shes probably just happy with how u are reacting to bed rest. ... after the 36 week appt, she'll c u weekly... if you still feeling "ok" then theres not much to worry. BTW lil know fact... most babies born after 36 weeks, can be considered to be full term since after that all they do is get fat on them but all their vitals are already done growing.
    Bebe510

Answer by Bebe510 at 7:58 PM on Feb. 2, 2009