How long have you followed politics?

What was the first thing that got your attention? Monica? Abu Graib? Obama? Watergate? When did you finally start caring what was going on?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:58 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I started asking questions about the time Carter was leaving. But Reagan's Administration was when I came into my political awareness.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:12 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• For me it was the 1992 Election between Clinton, Bush, and Perrot. I watched all of the debates and followed every detail. I've been a news junkie ever since!!! I was only 12 at the time.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:00 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• After 9/11, but I really got involved - as in voting - with the 2004 presidential election.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 7:01 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Desert Storm. I had one cousin in Germany, one at 29 Palms, both on alert the day it started. Haven't turned the news off since.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:02 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• 9/11, voted for the first time in 2004
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 7:03 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Since college...1988 or so. I was a poli sci major.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 7:05 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• i thopught perot was the guy really.

so much for checks and balances.

its the taxpayers money what do they care? we can spend it any way we want !!!!

chicka:)
    chickaboom73

Answer by chickaboom73 at 7:42 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Since the 2004 election. But this was my first yr I got to vote.
    pinkanfgrl

Answer by pinkanfgrl at 7:44 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I got caught up in the Iran/Contra scandal in HS (yes I am old) anyone remember that? Also the Anita Hill/ Justice Thomas thing. I have followed off and on (mostly on) since then.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 8:38 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• i unintelligently voted for Bush in 2004, b/c thats what everyone at my (Christian) university was doing. around 2006 i started noticing that things weren't working right & started wishing i had done more research before i voted. ever since then i have been doing my best to keep "in touch" even tho its far from the #1 thing in my life haha
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 8:50 PM on Feb. 2, 2009