Is it bad my kids get on my nerves just playing?

It has always been this way. The loud laughing and noises and the feet running across the floor just grates on me. then what drives me batshit crazy is that is I tel them to go outside... they go and sit in the dirt or just wander around the yard. They want to yell and run in the house. but put them outside where it is appropriate and they sit still and quiet. SERIOUSLY?

Is it just my kids that do this? Does the crazy play int he house bug you?

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 8:43 AM on Jul. 18, 2012 in General Parenting

• bugs me...bugs me alot.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:44 AM on Jul. 18, 2012

• It is the volume that drives me crazy. If my 13 month old senses some injustice, she will screech, and I swear to you it sounds as loud and as obnoxious as one of those screaming firecrackers. It is that same pitch.

But by the way, I KNOW you're not alone, because when we were kids, how much time did we spend indoors versus outdoors. I swear we would be LOCKED OUT of the house outside of mealtimes because my mom got sick of us running in and out of the house. She would stand by the door and screen our reasons for wanting back inside.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 11:04 AM on Jul. 18, 2012

• it only bugs me when he has a certain friend over..they get to rambling all over the house, and i have to send them back upstairs. otherwise, i never heard him.
    (one of the perks of having a onlie. LOL)
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:09 AM on Jul. 18, 2012

• bugs me too...mine are the exact same way...drives this momma crazy
    sdks2011

Answer by sdks2011 at 9:25 AM on Jul. 18, 2012

• THAT'S WHAT MY KIDS ARE DOING RIGHT NOW, AND ITS TOO FUCKING HOT OUTSIDE FOR THEM TO GO PLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

I swear I need to find the duct tape!
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 5:13 PM on Jul. 18, 2012

• Yes it is just your kids. JK drives me nuts too
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 8:08 PM on Jul. 18, 2012

• I am so glad I am not the only one! Thank goodness they can go drive their grandparents batty tomorrow.
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 8:48 AM on Jul. 18, 2012