Need some halthy snack ideas

Ok, so i am starting my body by vi weight loss prgram tomorrow so i am going to the store to stock up on a few things to put in the shakes and for snacks. I pretty much am going to stick to lean meats and veggies for my meals, but need some good healthy snack ideas that i can easily have at my desk at work.
I figured yogurt and maybe some of those fruit cups?
A friend said celery with peanut bitter. (i am not a big celery fan though)
Nuts ?
Carrots and dressing( but not big on carrots either)
i figured cheese sticks would be ok or those babybel cheeses
so what are someo other things for my snacks?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Jul. 18, 2012 in Diet & Fitness

• Watermelon and Cucumbers are my Go-To healthy snacks!! Contain lots of natural water and pretty much "Free" foods !!
    isismoon3

Answer by isismoon3 at 7:15 PM on Jul. 22, 2012

• you sure can.
    annanonnymommy

Answer by annanonnymommy at 11:59 PM on Jul. 19, 2012

• I love cutting peppers (green, red, yellow, orange, whatever your preference:) into triangles & eating them like chips with salsa. You can also make fat free dip with Greek yogurt (use it like you would sour cream) and do the same thing with peppers &/or other veggies. Anna is right about the right combo of protein and fiber...so you can eat "southwest style salsa" that has beans in it (make it yourself for more control over the ingredients! or make a low fat bean dip) for example... & try to keep your snacks to "whole" foods (e.g. NOT processed) or minimally processed whenever possible. fruit cups can be an acceptable back up if it will keep you from say, having a doughnut but, try to stick with fresh fruits, veggies, nuts, whole grains, dairy, etc. as your first choice & start treating sweet yogurts or fruit cups like "treats" that you can use to manage cravings..at least that is what I try to do!
    Hope that helps!
    BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 11:07 PM on Jul. 19, 2012

• annanonnymommy, can i message you with some questions?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:56 PM on Jul. 18, 2012

• yogurt and fruit cups can be high in sugar. get fresh fruit - stuff that is in season. apples, peaches, nectarines, pears, kiwi, apricots, cucumbers, etc. the important thing is to combine fiber and protein to make a snack more filling - a string cheese with the apple, or peanut butter to dip it in. some lean turkey or chicken breast along with whole grain (make sure the first ingredient is 100% whole ___). and plenty of water! the hardest thing for me while using the shakes (i am doing bbv too) is not drinking enough water!
    annanonnymommy

Answer by annanonnymommy at 1:38 PM on Jul. 18, 2012

• - Oikos greek yogurt (tastes really good) - fruits to make fruit salad (portion out into containers and keep in fridge) - string cheese - Special K chips (portioned out into containers) - Portioned out cereal with soy milk - Pretzels (portioned out)

Things to avoid: - fruit cups in syrup, "juice" - Things you will not eat (celery, carrot sticks...etc.) - Sports drinks - "lowfat yogurt" Check labels, most of these non fat lowfat things have more sugar than the regular - Foods that don't have any color (bread, white rice, flour, cakes...etc.) - Processed foods - Foods you can't pronounce the first 3 ingredients Good luck to you on your weight loss.

Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 11:47 AM on Jul. 18, 2012

• A lot of what Robin said was awesome. But you have to watch the type of cereals and yogurts. A lot of them aren't good for you. And watch out for artificial sweeteners. They can make you crave sweet, which can be detrimental to your diet.

If you like peanut butter apples and peanut butter are good. After weighing and measuring everything for the past 5 months, I've found I don't need a lot for a snack. 6 months ago I would have had an apple, and some peanut butter, then a couple of string cheese. Now the apple is perfect.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:28 AM on Jul. 18, 2012

• The following list came from my dd's dietician:

Apple with a low fat cheese slice or string cheese
    Whole grain crackers and hummus
    Crackers and peanut butter
    Yogurt
    Yogurt and fresh fruit
    Celery topped with peanut butter and craisins or raisins
    Pretzels and a cheese stick or peanut butter
    Blended yogurt and fruit (smoothie)
    Assorted cut up vegetables (carrots, cucumbers, bell peppers, snap peas, cherry tomatoes, celery)
    Half of a sandwich
    Cereal with milk
    Unsweetened applesauce
    Banana with nut butter
    Popcorn (light)
    Edamame
    Frozen grapes
    Hard boiled egg
    ΒΌ cup trail mix
    1oz nuts
    Mini rice cakes and cottage cheese
    Graham crackers and peanut butter
    Rolled deli slices (turkey, lean ham etc)
    Pumpkin seeds
    Cottage cheese and fruit
    Soup (light)
    Dried fruit
    Salad with low fat dressing
    Small portion of dinner leftover
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 11:12 AM on Jul. 18, 2012