how did you get a c-section?

i have heard from women who got staples and some who were burned shut. i never had staples mine is a very thin line and i think i was burned shut. why do some doctors use staples and some dont??

saraelf

Asked by saraelf at 7:11 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i was stapled and my scar is really hard to see infact my new dr for this pregnancy was amazed at how well it healed up. I dont know why some choose to staple and others choose other ways. My SIL just had her baby and they actually still used stitches on her.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 7:13 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Staples are quick to put in and easy to remove. I assume that is why they use them.
    I had sutures with my first and it took forever. They came out a week later and I had almost no scar. I had staples with my other 3 c-sections and I still have hardly any scar.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 7:13 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I have never heard of being "burned shut'....is that for real? The staples they use are dissolvable, so most likely this is what was used to close the incision.

Anonymous

• staples arnt dissolvable the stiches they use are. But staples are what they say there staples they have to be removed. It really lookes like they took a stapler to your belly lol.
    Anonymous

• I had three sectons and staples for two and I can't remember the third. My first two babies, the staples were not dissolvable - they had to be removed and I was scared to death. My first section was very rough and to me considering what I went through I thought I was having another surgery to remove them. Actually the removal was a piece of cake twice. My third section was either staples removable or dissolvable definitely not 'burning'. What do you mean by that, never heard of it??? Is it like laser you mean to seal the surgical area when closing it up?
    Anonymous

• i think they used stitches cuz i didnt i have to go back and have anything removed. i dont hardly see a scar there either. but it did take forever to heal.
    madyandtysmom08

Answer by madyandtysmom08 at 7:21 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I was actually taped...idk. I asked the DR. when my stitches would fall out and he laughed and said they used surgical tape. Idk. It was really scaring thinking that I had this giant cut on me that was just being held shut with tape. Idk in the end it was fine. And now you cant even see my scare. There is like one little purple dot there lol. They just pulled the tape off at my 6 week app.
    tiffers32788

Answer by tiffers32788 at 7:35 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I had the dissolving stitches. My DD is 7mos and I'm very happy with my scar. Its very small, I could wear a skimpy bikini....not that I would.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 7:49 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• My incision was closed with tape that dried up and peeled off. I was a little nervous about it at first, but then my incision was only about 4 in. long because I had an emerg. c-sect. at 24 weeks and he didn't make a very big cut.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 10:14 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• my husband told me that they burned me open cause he could smell it. KINDA GROSS lol i dont know how they closed me up cause i looked at it and i couldnt see any stiches or staples. another thing i forgot to mention was my doctor was also a plastic surgeon so maybe thats different?? i dk
    saraelf

Answer by saraelf at 5:33 PM on Feb. 7, 2009