Abortion or not? Does the father have a say? Why/why not?

JTROX

Asked by JTROX at 12:56 PM on Jul. 18, 2012 in Politics & Current Events

• popcorn

LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 12:57 PM on Jul. 18, 2012

• The only way he has a say is if he legally signs a document that he will be the primary caregiver
    He can't stop her from getting one and then abandon her and/or not pay child support

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:00 PM on Jul. 18, 2012

• Agree with butterfly however once the document is signed mom should not be able to back out of the agreement and keep the baby saying that dad should pay her child support. Dad should also pay the medical costs relating to having the baby.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 1:03 PM on Jul. 18, 2012

• As far as the why he was there at the begining so he should have half say in what happens. The woman knew there was a chance at getting pregnant and so does he.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 1:05 PM on Jul. 18, 2012

• Agreed baconbits

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:05 PM on Jul. 18, 2012

• I was faced with this recently. I got pregnant and was very set on having an abortion. I didn't really talk to my boyfriend about it at first. We were only together three months and broken up when I found out I was pregnant-not the right time to have a baby together. I even waited a week to tell him I was pregnant, which really hurt him to begin with. From the get go I said I was having an abortion. Then, I went to the clinic and couldn't do it. So I went home and we discussed us having this baby together-what we do and all that jazz. I realized that had I talked to him before, I would have known that he really wanted that baby and would have not only taken care of it, but myself and my son as well. He's a good man. That being said, not every man deserves that input. My ex, for example, didn't.
    SaraD1989

Answer by SaraD1989 at 2:05 PM on Jul. 18, 2012

• I do think that they as a Father have rights to the little one.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 3:38 PM on Jul. 18, 2012

• The father can say anything he likes.
    Legally i is the mother's decision.
    I have some issues with this but that is not the queston.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 3:48 PM on Jul. 18, 2012

• Hopefully the relationship is good enough that the father has a say, but not legally.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 4:16 PM on Jul. 18, 2012

• I think the father should have the right to sign away his parental rights if she decides to keep the child.  And I wish he could have a say on having the child and have the mother sign her rights away if she doesn't want it.

Anonymous