Could it be???

My son will be 1 year old on Friday (the 20th). The last week he has been waking up every 2 hours during the night and 99% of the time he wants to eat (formula in a bottle). He was doin great with less formula and more solids and he was sleeping great during the night (all night). He isnt teething that I know of (there is no sign of any new teeth). He has 12 teeth total, 4 of them are his 1 year molars that he got almost a month ago. He isnt cranky during the day. Other than waking so often during the night, he wants more formula during the day. Could this be a growth spurt? I get mixed results when I look it up. All say increased crankiness which he does not have. Its half and half on the sleep thing (some say increased sleep, others say less sleep more waking during the night). They also say it only lasts a few days, its been a week now. He has his 12 month check up on Friday and I am going to talk to his ped about it. I was just curious what you all thought.

SMG1120

Asked by SMG1120 at 4:00 PM on Jul. 18, 2012 in Babies (0-12 months)

• He could just be having an off week this could happen. Things will go back to normal.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 4:11 PM on Jul. 18, 2012

• Ugh- baby just had a growth spurt ad has been a total spoiled whiny butt since (hyperbole!)
    I asked around and the other moms said prolonged attitude from the growth spurt, should diminish in about a month tops

Google "high needs" that's how mine has suddenly begun acting
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 5:16 PM on Jul. 18, 2012

• Growth spurts can do that but have you taken his temp? He may just be having an off week - everyone does.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 8:48 PM on Jul. 18, 2012