What's your favorite luggage?

I'm about to seriously invest in good luggage. I've been up until now using el cheapo luggage but I'm tired of them falling apart and what not so I'm going to invest in good ones. What's your favorite brand luggage?

BeautyGuru

Asked by BeautyGuru at 5:20 PM on Jul. 18, 2012 in Travel

• I have a really nice soft-sided pullman that got me through five years of traveling for work. It has BIG wheels, the handle goes in multiple positions for people of different heights, and it was totally worth the $300 I paid for it. Now, I'm not going into our attic crawlspace on a hundred-degree day to see what brand it is (maybe Delsey?), but I got it at Bloomingdale's.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 6:17 PM on Jul. 18, 2012

• I think they all fall apart because of the way that they are handled when loading and unloading. We have had expensive and cheap sets and they all stand up about the same.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 5:39 PM on Jul. 18, 2012

• The kind that's packed & makes it to the destination we are going to- preferably on a all -expense paid trip to somewhere tropical! lol :p Sorry, but I haven't been in the market for luggage in forever. Have you tried the Consumers Guide website?

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:15 PM on Jul. 18, 2012

• Eddie Bauer is my favorite traveling brand
    mommys2cupcakes

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 12:01 AM on Jul. 19, 2012

• I agree with "Melbornj" they all are about the same. And since that seems to be the case, you would be ahead of the game if you went with the less expensive and use it until you need to replace a piece. When you buy a set, you probably won't use each piece everytime you travel, so you can spread your 'wear and tear' out over the set. Buy a less expensive set and perhaps a color coordinating more expensive larger piece and then mix and match depending on where you are going and how you're traveling. It's like mixing your real (natural) jewelry with your costume jewelry.
    jdjamm

Answer by jdjamm at 1:34 AM on Aug. 12, 2012