Alcohol

It might seem crazy but my hubby likes to drink alcohol budweiser,and it seems he never gets sick he's 54,is it possible that his immune system is just extremely high or does the alcohol play a part in him feeling so damn good all the time,i mean he gets out of bed at 5-6 in the am and looks fine,me I have to kick myself out of bed.
Me I'm sick with every bug that comes my way all I have to do is think about it and I get sick.

MarGeee

Asked by MarGeee at 7:41 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Health

• I've heard something about the hops or barley being good for you? That probably doesn't help. My dad is the same way but boy when he actually gets sick you would think he was dying!
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 7:43 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Alcohol doesn't make you immune to bugs/illness. If anything, people who drink have more accidents (falling down), fights, run off the road in their cars, etc.
    Trixiebelle2

Answer by Trixiebelle2 at 7:43 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• My Father in Law is like that It's possible
    Anonymous

• If your husband drinks that much, and is functioning perfectly fine. He is probably what is called a functioning alcoholic. Some people drink so much that after a while, they have to drink in order to function. And as for getting sick, there is no relation between alcohol and disease. You get sick because your immune system is down, and alcohol sure as hell does not make it stronger.
    Reggie2

Answer by Reggie2 at 8:19 AM on Feb. 3, 2009