Would You??

If you found out that your baby was switched at birth would you want to see your real baby?? And would you give up the chid you have now and get your real baby back???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:48 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Depends on the connection that I had with the baby that wasnt mine...I think there is a "special" connection between mom and child...so I think you would know
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 7:49 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I think that if they were switched at birth, the other family would live close by. I would hope that we could all get together and get along and plan get togethers as much as possible. It would be unfair to the kids to have them switch as well as the parents. But if you could slowly become each other's family, then everyone would be happy. That's a difficult question to answer.
    Anonymous

• Hard to say. Yes, I'd want to see my real baby but I don't think it'd be very easy to give up the child I raised. Maybe I'd try to integrate the families? I saw a Lifetime movie about that right before I had my baby and I was so scared that would happen! But my baby NEVER left my side in the hospital. I even walked down with him to get his hearing screen the night he was born!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 7:56 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Well since my "baby" is now almost 16 I have to say NO. I guess it would depend on how soon you found out if it was in the first few days that would be alot different than later in the childs life.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 8:05 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I would want my real baby. I would still want to be involved in the life of the child I raised.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 8:14 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• There is a 48 Hours about this. The family found out when the girls were fully grown that there was a mistake in the hospital and the babies were switched. The one girl who was switched grew up in a well adjusted family environment and was always happy, the other one had a horrible childhood and ended up being raised in a foster home. They all meet as adults, but the one girl just didn't want to have anything to do with the reunion, so she didn't join the rest of the family in the celebration. I thought it was sad just imagine how you would feel here you are a grown woman and now your family tells you the life you were living shouldn't have been yours. So sad.
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 8:37 PM on Feb. 2, 2009