My 17 month old has cold. Could I give her orange juice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:57 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in General Parenting

• I don't know if you should but I do and I dilute it with water

determind

Answer by determind at 7:58 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• orange juice isn't going to help a cold... the vitamins and stuff help, but fresh fruit will help more than juices. if she is throwing up or had diarrhea, juice isn't really good for that either unless that is all she will drink. just try to keep her well hydrated. i was always afraid that the acid in oj would be too much for a little tummy, but i could very well be wrong...

setliff

Answer by setliff at 8:02 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• pedilight / gatoraid would be better
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 8:39 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• or just let her gum orange slices, i would watch for the runs with citrus juice at that age/
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 8:43 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• hey if your kid has a running /stuffy nose, rub vicks vapor rub on the bottom of his feet and then put socks on him, it will almost clear up by tommorrow, i did this with my 19 month, 4yr, and 7yr old tonight. oh, oragne jucie will sooth a sore throat, but want help the cold issue. good luck!!
    jesussaves424

Answer by jesussaves424 at 9:13 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Everytime my daughter starts to get cold symptoms, i load her up with OJ. She is 3 and I have been doing this since she 18 months old! I buy the oj for kids with the extra vitamin C and other vitamins!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Cont. her symptoms usually clear up in a day or two, she never gets worse and has never had to go to the Dr.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Feb. 3, 2009