Will skipping a morning nap to go run errands mess up my 7 month old daughter's day?

My dd (7 months old) is on a strict sleep schedule. She naps everyday at 9am-ish, noon-ish and 3-ish, and goes to bed by 7pm.

There are days that I would like to go out to run errands in the morning, but she doesn't wake up till 7:30am, and the first nap is around 9am. Since I don't have a car (and must either walk to my destination, take a cab, or take a bus), 1.5 hours is not enough time to get her dressed, diapered, fed, and to/fro the errand.

Will skipping one of her naps mess her up for the rest of the day? I don't want her to be cranky and irritable for the rest of the day.

Any words of advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:58 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• And that is exactly why I havent left the house in 8 months lol! If his schedule is "played" with, the rest of the day is not worth it! But then again every baby is different. All you can do is try and see how it works out
    Scoobersmom

Answer by Scoobersmom at 8:33 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• It never messed my DD's schedule up but all babies are different. I mean my DD would be a lil fussy but I just let her take a longer nap later.
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 8:01 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Yep, all babies are different. If my daughter misses her nap, forget the rest of the day and I'd better get her into bed at least a half hour early. That was true when she was a baby and it's still true at 2.5 years. She would never nap longer to catch up on the missed nap. Her naps were always 45 mintues long and that was it.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 8:28 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• When you take her, can she be in her carrier? My son doesn't miss his naps when we go out because he's in a carrier-induced coma lol. He loves sleeping in that thing.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 9:08 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I could NEVER run my life by my DDs naps....If i have to go somewhere ...ie..Dr.s appt. store whatever, she usually falls asleep in the car and she loves it especially if I go to the park for morning walks. She usually falls asleep. You guys should adjust your baby around your schedule. I would lose my mind if I did everything based on that. And my DD has been sleeping thru the nite since she was 3 months old and NEVER fusses. Her bedtime varies by about an hour at nite but she adjusts.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 9:51 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I don't think it's fair to have my baby falling alseep in the car all the time. First of all, she would never sleep as long (or as well) as she would at home. It's a juggling act to plan activities around a baby's naps, but it's well worth it in the long run.
    Anonymous