Can eating put baby to sleep?

I know that obviously after your baby is born feeding often puts them to sleep but can it do you same thing while still inside? I know normally doctors say eat something or have some juice and the baby's movements will pick up but I feel like everytime I eat she slows down and when I get hungry she beats me up. Anyone else experience something like this? Is this normal?

xHeiligx

Asked by xHeiligx at 11:40 PM on Jul. 18, 2012 in Pregnancy

• I ate right before my US, and baby seemed rather inactive. Afterwards, I thought I should have gotten myself a soda or something sweet to go with my food...but yes, sugary drinks will liven the baby. But I think you are right, food just may put baby to sleep.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 12:24 AM on Jul. 19, 2012

• I remember when I was pregnant and the baby was dancing a jig inside me, I'd eat some yogurt or another snack with protein, and she'd settle right down.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:22 AM on Jul. 19, 2012