Anyone ever have sciatica pain during pregnancy?

I am 20 weeks and woke up this morning with an intolerable pain in my lower back that shot down my left leg, OUCH! My hubby had to come home from work and take care of our 1 year old as I could not even lift him. Anyways, anyone else have this? What helped? I am going to the chiropractor tomorrow.

IsaacMom2007

Asked by IsaacMom2007 at 7:59 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• OMG Did I!! It was awful! I was simply told to rest. There really isn't much that can be done.
    3gifts.from.god

Answer by 3gifts.from.god at 8:04 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• siatica goes down your right side. that is one reason why they tell you to lay on your left side. it sounds like the baby is pinching a nerve in your pelvis that is sending the pain down your left leg. the only thing you can do is try to change positions and hope that the baby does the same.
    setliff

Answer by setliff at 8:10 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I did. I took lots and lots of baths lol.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 8:11 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• yes i did. I used a heating pad to help with the pain. I placed it on my lower back and it helped a lot. Just rest and dont strain yourself. good luck!!
    myangel21

Answer by myangel21 at 8:58 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I have my SO rub my back where the pain starts, also when I stand in one place, for example when I do the dishes, I get a small step stool and put one foot up on it, it stops the strain on the leg the sciatica.
    gettingfat89

Answer by gettingfat89 at 9:38 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Omg I did terribly! I finally ended up being sent to physical therapy twice a week when I told my doctor I could hardly walk. Ended up my baby was just sitting really low and somehow she kept pinching the nerve.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 1:08 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Thanks for all your answers ladies :)

IsaacMom2007

Answer by IsaacMom2007 at 9:23 AM on Feb. 3, 2009