How can I get this kitten to stay the heck out of my bed?

I have cat allergies but got him a kitten anyway. It's 8 weeks and wants to sleep on our pillows. I will settle for the bottom of the bed. I put it on a pillow and blanket on the floor and it won't stay. I shut my door and the damn thing climbed under it to get in. So I stuffed a blanket under the door and it scratched and cried half the night. If my son would sleep in his own bed I might be able to put it in there with him. I'll try that tonight. Although he did squash her twice last night. If I block my door and close it my son will get mad when he comes into our bed at night if he can't open my door. I wanna sleep tonight! What else could I do?

BubbysMom208

Asked by BubbysMom208 at 8:17 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Pets

• I have a problem with my cats too I hate them in my room soo I shut them out. When they come meowing at the door I get up and spray the hell out of them. Now before I can get to my door they are gone. LOL! I also chuck a pillow or somethign at the door to scare them off.
    Ms.MarineWife

Answer by Ms.MarineWife at 2:39 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• every time the kitten gets on the bed-spray it with a water bottle and it will eventually get the point
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 8:19 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• i second that!!^^^^^
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 8:28 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• LOL now that's one thing I never thought of.
    BubbysMom208

Answer by BubbysMom208 at 8:48 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• mouse traps when you're not home, then it won't go near your bed.
    Anonymous

• She wants to keep the kitten off her bed, not kill her. Kittins are very curious beings and dont have a sense of danger. I hope you were joking anon 8:57.
    The spray bottle thing works well. my cats see the spray bottle and they stop what they are doing.
    When you spray the cat you have to raise your voice a bit and say "NO" as you are doing it. Be consistant and you wont have to spray it for long.
    ICPclwnLOV

Answer by ICPclwnLOV at 12:37 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Mouse traps UNDER newspaper, lol. If the cat actually get snapped in one, you're in for one heck of a vet bill, lol. The also make static mats, that you plug in and leave them on the bed when you aren't there and it keeps them off, because it kind of zaps them. My cat is terrible for this though, she likes it under the covers with me, If I want her out, I shut the door and when she comes doing her annoying scratching and crying I keep things handy to throw at the door and it scares her and she runs away and hides all night, lol.
    JenO1818

Answer by JenO1818 at 1:03 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Try some cat repellent spray. Works wonders! My cat won't go anywhere near where I have sprayed the stuff!
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 2:12 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• The first night I kept swatting her on the head and the dumb thing would purr! Maybe the spray bottle thing would piss her off enough to stay away. lol. She likes to snuggle up to us cuz it's warm. i thought of a heat pad under her blanket on the floor or in her cat bed. last night she wouldnt stay in my sons bed with him. she followed my husband to bed. i think shes attatched to him. if he would sleep on the couch i would have no problem...hmmm...lol.
    BubbysMom208

Answer by BubbysMom208 at 2:13 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• lols... yeah water bottle will work... AFTER SOME TIME
    Dayna-Marie

Answer by Dayna-Marie at 6:41 PM on Feb. 3, 2009