is it possible for a woman to have pregnancy syptoms after having a hysterectomy which was three years ago when the surgery was done?

i am having all the syptoms that woman would normally have if she is pregnant. I have three children. So i know the difference. the thing is that i had a hysterectomy three years ago.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:22 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Very Strange! Is it possible that menopausal symptoms are mocking those of your pregnancy ones?

I would call my ob and have my hormones checked if i were you.
    Anonymous

• It depends on the depth of the hysterectomy. If you have uterus, one tube, one ovary you can get preggers. No uterus and no tube and no ovary, then no. One tube and one ovary yes you can have an ectopic pregnancy and that's an emergency. An ovarian cyst or mass can make you bloated and that sometimes can seem like a pregnancy too. Get checked out, good luck!!
    Anonymous

• I would say hormones as well. If it wasn't a radical hysterectomy where they removed the ovaries then hormones could be causing your symptoms.
    Those little suckers can mess with you like you wouldn't believe!
    Anonymous

• One answer . Yes
    Godswk

Answer by Godswk at 9:51 PM on Feb. 3, 2009