Food stamps for family of 6

I'm just wondering what others have received. My earnings are $1396.00 a month $845 of that is mortgage,which I might add I'm behind on,and my electric bill. $340 of that is my car payment,I'm stuck with that till August 2013. My husband is looking for work but nothing so far. I applied for food stamps because my children are so hungry. They sent us $315.00 So I need to figure out how to make that last till the 15th of August,I have no clue how I'm going to do that. We've been eating rice nearly every day and beans hurt our stomachs bad. Kids are sick and tired of chicken. Were out of so much stuff our cupboards are bare so is the fridge. We have for stores Walmart (sucks) Windco Is okay but not the best. Maceys,Smiths,and Buy Low(things that are low there are the vegys only) I need some menus I guess. Can anyone make suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:10 AM on Jul. 19, 2012 in Food & Drink

• as for more food, check local food panties (even though you get stamps, you still can get helpfrom panty)

315 does not seem like much at all for six
    i do not know the equation they figure it

POSSIBLE this is your first payment and they started counting not at beginning of month- so this is a partial month
    will cross fingers thatthis is the case
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:17 AM on Jul. 19, 2012

• lol...panty
    pantry

what a difference a "R" can make

do not listen to me when i said check your local panties...might get in trouble for that
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:19 AM on Jul. 19, 2012

• Are you getting WIC on top of that?
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 9:20 AM on Jul. 19, 2012

• I'm not getting wic kids are all 10 and up.next month it will go up to 350.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:22 AM on Jul. 19, 2012

• well, you could drop meat all together some nights and have home made mac and cheese, fettuccine, spaghetti, vegetable soup, PB&J, eggs with toast and fruit, home made pancakes with sausage links and fruit... you just need to look in your ads to see what is on sale and see what you can find coupons for. I can feed my family of 4 WELL on 300 a month it may be a little tougher with 6 but I am certain it can be done with meal planning, shopping sales and coupons. If you want some recipes let me know.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:23 AM on Jul. 19, 2012

• Also research energy assistance in your area as well as food banks and back to school supplies. Most cities (around here) have a co-op that helps with all sorts of things. When in doubt call 211.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:24 AM on Jul. 19, 2012

• I get 415 a month for a family of 3! You should be getting at least 600 a month. I usually get buy generic foods and shop at save a lot and the dollar stores.
    Heavensonfire

Answer by Heavensonfire at 9:26 AM on Jul. 19, 2012

• Did they say you will just receive that for this month than will get your full amount in August?

In Virginia the gross income for a family of 6 is $3249 and alllotment can be around $952.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 9:27 AM on Jul. 19, 2012

• Heavens you may be getting max benefit and she may not be... there is a fluctuation in how much you get based on income.

OP if you kids are all 10 and over- are any of them old enough to babysit or mow lawns to help out for a while until you find more work?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on Jul. 19, 2012

• See if you qualify for those free lunches at schools. During the summer in a lot of states there is this program that goes on held at local parks where they give children 18 and under free lunches, check into that.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 9:37 AM on Jul. 19, 2012