Moms that have the IUD

Do you have the one with hormones or without?
I have never been on birth control and I am getting one put in in 3wks and was wondering which would be better.

And can your SO/Hubby feel it?

I have a couple friends that have one and they say their SO can feel it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:37 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I've had mirena for about 7 months now I was told by my dr that the one with hormones cause heavier bleeding during your periods and my dh has never felt it.
    mom2four25

Answer by mom2four25 at 8:41 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I have had both, currently I have the copper tip (non hormonal) one. The Mirena was fantastic, but my BF complained about it, and I have a wicked sensitivity to hormones and completely lost my sex drive. Also, I never got my period until I had it removed and was pregnant a month after I had it removed. My BF has never complained about the copper tip, but periods were awful for the first 3 months!! I continue to get my period with it which was a little weird to get used to, but my sex drive was never affected. Good Luck making up you mind!
    kryssie78

Answer by kryssie78 at 8:49 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I have had the Mirena for 5 months and I am pleased with it, my DH says he can feel it during doggy style or when I'm on top
    efmeador0709

Answer by efmeador0709 at 9:01 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I have also had both. I had a copper one for about a year and a half and just recently had to take it out because of complications from it. I was bleeding severely for about 3 months. It also caused my endometriosis to become much worse. I had the mirena one put in and everything is much much better. My gynecologist told me that the copper IUD makes your periods worse-bleeding heavier, and the mirena makes them much lighter if you even have them at all...

Anonymous

• Had Mirena bled for 6 months with infection after infection I hated it.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 7:32 PM on Feb. 3, 2009