to be a more "natural" mother

This is my 5th pregnancy, and I have three living kids at home, but with everything going on in the world today- recalls, lead, samonella poisonings, ecolli in veggies! and so on and so forth- its making me wonder about the things i use and buy- so with this baby i would like some ideas on how to become a more natural mom (ive already started thinking about cloth diapers and glass bottles) but does anyone have anymore good ideas on things i can change in my and my kids everyday lives to be healthier moe natural more earth friendly people? thanks alot in advance for any good advice!

lovelyli217

Asked by lovelyli217 at 8:52 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• How about making your own laundry detergent? I have a great recipe I'd be more than happy to share if you want to send me a message. I wash 40-80 loads for about $2.20! HUGE money saver, and it works GREAT!
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 8:54 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• breastfeeding, and natural childbirth are great starters for the new baby.. also cloth diapers (which you have mentioned). We use natural cleaning products, organic produce, hormone/steroid/antibiotic free meats, and dairy products. We use whole foods a lot, and buy fresh a lot. We also don't treat with medication often, we use herbs instead for most things, unless it's serious.

There is a group on here called "green organic living on a budget" or something like that. It's a great starting point. :)

We also make our own baby food as well as using Earth's Best snacks, and baby foods occasionally. Love that brand!
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 8:55 PM on Feb. 2, 2009