So why are we racist?

Ok, if we're white and we say we don't like Obama we're tagged as racist. So does that mean if you're black and you didn't like Bush you're a racist? Why is there a double standard?
I don't agree with Obamas political stance on the issues but if I say that it's being twisted to say I'm racist.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:54 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I totally agree with Scorpio. And as far as people only seeing a black man in Obama..... you are what you present yourself to be. I don't recall hearing one time during the campaigning that he was 1/2 white (or whatever ethnicity), they only kept mentioning that he was an African American. (REALLY????) When did he live in Africa... I thought he actually came from the middle east? My main point is that I see us as AMERICANS. We are a melting pot. When you become a citizen of the US you become American ..period! We will always be divided when people try to set themselves apart.
    I did not vote for Obama and I am clearly not racist. I respect that he is our new President and I wish him well, because if he fails...we all fail!
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 10:41 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• black ppl think they cant be racist
    Anonymous

• I know! i made a post yesterday joking talking about a white history month. i got bashed and they deleted it. well today on the View, they were talking about how a black guy was the first african american candidate for the alphalpha president (or something like that) and he said his first act of presidency would be making the cabinet all black and making feb a white history month. it was a joke of course. so what does he get? he gets a good laugh!! i'm like what the hell? i get bashed and he gets a laugh...what is this world coming to???
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 8:58 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• duh he's the first black president. obviously race is an issue. just like political parties are. if your not racist good for you, if you don't like obama oh well he's our president. i think people should give obama a chance. i didn't agree with most of what bush did and i dealt with him for years.
    maemaesmom

Answer by maemaesmom at 9:02 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Sad truth seems to be that black people still have a chip on their shoulders. I fear that having a black man in office will only make it worse. How sad.
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 9:02 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• correction: he's the first BI RACIAL president. not black
    Anonymous

• LOL I don't know. Why are you racist?
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 9:03 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• black people can't accept the fact he is not black and that white people aren't raciest if they don't like obama. so it seems. i agree with you. it sure seems like that here on CM
    Anonymous

• Wow it took till post #5 for the BI-RACIAL thing to come up.
    Anonymous

• Well, we are racist because like 200 years ago, people whom none of us are related to, went to Africa and enslaved some of them. So because we are white, and white people enslaved black people a zillion years ago, we must be racist. Duh. oh and don't forget, it is racist if you vote based on issues, rather than race. Whew...almost forgot about that.
    Anonymous