Not a lot of options here

I am starting a diet program, and i am going to be fixing my lunches rather that eating out. I dont really want to stay in the office and eat cause my boss wont leave me alone. She will be asking questions about work stuff and i just done thinkk that is fair. We dont have a kitchen to go into. I dont live close enough to go home and there arent any tables outside to sit on. I thought about going to the gym and using that hour to workout, but i dont want to be all sweaty and have to work the rest of the day. I am afraid i might smell sweaty. LOL
I am in central texas so it is pretty hot right now so even waling outside, you will be dripping wet.
The only thing that i can think of is to just sit in the car and read a book.
There is no mall to walk around. All we have is a walmart and a grocery store.
What would you do in a similar situation?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:45 PM on Jul. 19, 2012 in Diet & Fitness

• Is there a library or a starbucks nearby? I'd use their air conditioning. Otherwise, I'd go to the Wal Mart. Do they have a McDonald's? If so I'd take my lunch and sit at the Wal Mart McDonald's order a diet coke or something, eat there, then walk through the store for exercise.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:48 PM on Jul. 19, 2012

• I have eaten lunch in my car with a book before. I really like it. I usually drove to a park in order to do so.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:48 PM on Jul. 19, 2012

• I would sit at my desk. However, if your boss starts to ask you questions, remind her that you are on lunch and if she is going to ask work related questions you expect to get overtime.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 12:48 PM on Jul. 19, 2012

• I would sit in my air conditioned car. I would probably eat my lunch and then take a short nap. You need time to unwind and a pesky boss is pretty crappy.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:49 PM on Jul. 19, 2012

• I'd walk around in the air-conditioned WalMart.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 12:54 PM on Jul. 19, 2012

• I've always worked through lunch; not doing so would be strange to me! Sorry, no help.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:59 PM on Jul. 19, 2012

• Is there an empty office or conference room you can go to?
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 1:36 PM on Jul. 19, 2012

• Why don’t you go for a swim!? Would be relaxing and no sweat involved there! You also get to squeeze in a workout to your daily routine so I think that could be help! When it comes to losing weight, I believe in fun and easy weight loss solutions. If you don’t enjoy your workout and food, there’s no fun at all.

rhondagraymond

Answer by rhondagraymond at 4:59 AM on Aug. 17, 2012