has anyone ever gotten desensitized to sex?

if so did you ever get the feeling back? i have heard this happens with porn stars - at least for women. this has happened to me but i'm no porn star. never was but was abused when younger. although i enjoy sex it appears to be to a certain point. i can't let go and i sometimes can't stop thinking about the past when my husband touches me in certain ways. has anyone else been here and gotten back your sexual sensations? i feel short changed but also feel my husband gets let down since i don't cum. i have tried a sex therapist and counseling but i think at some point when that is over you just have to trust your body to do it when you are completely healed. i just hope i'm not alone. what can i do?

melody77

Asked by melody77 at 8:55 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• that's very open and honest. i don't remember being sexually abused but always wondered if there was something in my past that makes it so hard for me to relax and enjoy sex. i like the intimacy but it's always felt like i just can't get passed a certain point. i am nearly 50 and so much now comes between me and having an orgasm. if i were younger, i would make sure my hormones are normal levels and i would find natural ways to enhance my sensitivity. i wonder if it was as much physical as it was emotional. i guess i am not too old to look into it now either, just wish i had looked into it about twenty years ago.
    Anonymous