World falling apart.

My husband filed for divorce in May a few days after he said he had cancelled it and was sorry. I believed him. I then went to another state for a week to be with my mom who is dying of cancer and came home. The day I came home he said he was going to go to the car dealer to get something fixed. A few days later I get my divorce papers he was at court when he said he was at the dealers. He got full custody of our 4 year old. Now he says he just wants me to stay here and work on our relationship. Divorced. My mom says get home. I dont know how to leave my son. I am a stay at home mom he has all the money. I called an attorney they say what he did was fraud but for them to help me it will be 2 grand which I dont have any advice? or prayer.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:20 PM on Jul. 19, 2012 in Relationships

• How on earth did he get full custody of your son? That would be the first thing I would change, and immediately, if humanly possible
    BrawnwynII

Answer by BrawnwynII at 1:25 PM on Jul. 19, 2012

• Check into legal aid in your area
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 1:27 PM on Jul. 19, 2012

• Wow. I wish I could give you some solid advice that would help, but that's just unbelievable. I can't even begin to think how you would undo that. I do know that I would not stay to work on the relationship. He's proven he'll sneak behind your back and screw you over. There's nothing to work on.

Good luck. I hope you can fix it.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 1:28 PM on Jul. 19, 2012

• I will definitely pray for you.
    I am curious about your son also. I would have taken mine with me in that case but I think I would contact another lawyer and see what can be done.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:30 PM on Jul. 19, 2012

• yes, how did he get full custody, he would have had to have something major on you for that to happen.
    You need to modify that and yes GO HOME leave that prick for good!
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 1:30 PM on Jul. 19, 2012

• He got my son because I didn't show up for court. I didn't even know there was a court date ( I'm thinking he got the mail when I was out of town.) So the judge I guess thought I didn't care.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:32 PM on Jul. 19, 2012

• Or, he could've claimed abandonment, if you didn't take your son with you when you went out of town. Rule # 1 (from my atty) you never leave your children for more than a day's time once someone has filed for divorce.

DO NOT TRUST YOUR SOON TO BE EX. GET AN ATTORNEY ASAP.

3libras

Answer by 3libras at 1:48 PM on Jul. 19, 2012

• The son was with me when I went out of town he is always with me. I wish I could afford an attorney right now :(
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:50 PM on Jul. 19, 2012

• Geez how long were you gone. None of this sounds right. You need to stay put, get a lawyer and get your son back.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 2:23 PM on Jul. 19, 2012

• one week.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:28 PM on Jul. 19, 2012