What makes your husband a good one?

Outside of him being a good father, provider, etc. What makes him a good man for you? I know being a good dad and provider is a big part of being a good man but I'm curious to know what it is that he does for YOU outside of the kids and the home to make him a good man :-)

NJMom2Tyler

Asked by NJMom2Tyler at 8:56 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Relationships

Level 1 (-15 Credits)
  • he always goes down, and he treats me like a princess.
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 8:57 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• He loves kids and old people; he has put himself out more than once, to save someone from danger; he is honest and will stand alone to see justice prevail; he has a dag on gifted pair of hands.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 9:01 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• When we go out alone together we just act like we're not parents and we just started dating again. He opens doors for me now. He lets me make fun of him since i'm such a goof ball and make jokes all the time.
    Anonymous

• my husband is willing to do anything for me. we are so much alike it's like he is my other half. we think alike and say the same things all the time. our beliefs are alike and we can talk about anything with it never being a fight even if the subject is a touchy one. he has a big family and accepted my kids as his own and my kids accepted him. he keeps me young and truly loves me just for me cause it's like loving himself since we are sooooo alike. he never judges and makes me laugh. plus he knew he was going to marry me at first sight. so i think the lord had a hand in us meeting. i guess the lord knows best and he is.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 9:04 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• He's just a good man: He'd help anyone out, he's honest, he's a good communicator, he loves his family and friends, loves my family and his nieces and nephews, isn't afraid to be emotional, is very supportive, environmentally conscientious, loves nature, helps around the house, works very hard, and is kind and friendly. He's just a really good person.
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 9:09 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Oh for me? He is a gentleman, opens doors, pulls out my chair, brings me tea. He is a great lover and he is so funny. We laugh together so much! He really appreciates what I do too. He praises the heck out of a good meal and a clean house. Tells me what a good mom I am. Tells me I'm beautiful and he loves the sound of my voice, encourages me to follow my dreams. He's the best for me!
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 9:12 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• There r no words to describe my love, he is so perfect he would do anything for me n vise versa. He may not be here during the week but he always calls to say he loves me he makes me so happy im always smiling
    lisajellybean

Answer by lisajellybean at 9:22 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• The way he smiles at me even when Im being crazy
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 9:54 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• He is not just my husband, he is a best friend. This past year or so, I have been extremely exhausted and have not been myself...just found out I have diabetes! During all this time of me just not being able to do what I usually do, he stepped in, without being asked, and took over the laundry and cooking. Never once complained or made a negative comment. Remember, we did not know what was going on with me. One doctor told me I was "very depresssed," I love the sound of his laugh, I can talk to him about anything and he is a wonderful father to my four sons whose dad abandoned them 10 years ago! They truly love and see him as their "dad." He is a caring and giving person.-Plus, he is a fantastic lover!
    Joran1025

Answer by Joran1025 at 11:09 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I have been with my husband for 25 years married for 21. My husband encourages me to follow my dreams, I am always myself when I am with my husband. My husband is a man of entirety, he is my best friend! I still get butterflies in my stomach when I think about him, we still stair in each other's eyes.  He is the father to our four children, a great father, provider and love. He is always there for me when I need him.  He accepts me for being me.

mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 11:09 PM on Feb. 2, 2009